Tuesday, July 8, 2014

25: TRANSFORMED BY TROUBLE

THE PURPOSE- DRIVEN LIFE
DAY 25

POINT TO PONDER: There is a purpose behind every problem.

VERSE TO REMEMBER: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 (NIV)

QUESTION TO CONSIDER: What problem in my life has caused the greatest growth in me?

-----

Our financial difficulties used to make me so disappointed and there were even times when I resented God for giving us such a heavy burden. But surprisingly, it was also during those hard times when I sought for His comfort. There was no one else I could turn to so I just prayed. Those trials truly helped me grow in faith. You see, "it's during suffering that we learn to pray our most authentic, heartfelt, honest-to-God prayers." These predicaments are not punishments; they are the tools that God uses to draw us closer to Him. I can say that this chapter has taught me to be trusting and truthful at the same time. It encouraged me to stop worrying and just look to God and depend on Him. It helped me be more open as well. Whenever I feel hopeless, I just close my eyes and let Him know that it's His love that I need. Right now, I still experience a lot of hardships but I have finally learned how to rejoice and not give up in the midst of it all because I know for a fact that these things happen because He has a great plan for me and that He will stay by my side no matter what. I guess it's really true that we will never know that God is all we need until God is all we've got.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ENVISAGING POSSIBILITIES Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos