Friday, July 18, 2014

26: GROWING THROUGH TEMPTATION

THE PURPOSE- DRIVEN LIFE
DAY 26

POINT TO PONDER: Every temptation is an opportunity to do good.

VERSE TO REMEMBER: "God blesses the people who patiently endure testing. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12 (NLT)

QUESTION TO CONSIDER: What Christlike character quality can I develop by defeating the most common temptation I face?

-----

I have mentioned before that when I get annoyed at people who have poor attitudes, I tend to share my thoughts to my close friends. I want to stop myself from doing so but I always get tempted and I know that it's not something God would be happy about. So if I would learn how to defeat that temptation, I can prevent myself from speaking ill of others and I can finally find peace. This is what we call "self-control". It's one of Christ's characters that I would absolutely love to develop.

Before I end this post, I would like to share some ways on how we could overcome the different temptations that we face from day to day. These steps are written on this chapter and I must say that they have really helped me change some of my wrongdoings. I hope they can transform you too.

1. Refuse to be intimidated.
2. Recognize your pattern of temptation and be prepared for it.
3. Request God's help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

ENVISAGING POSSIBILITIES Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos